Skip to main content

12 amazing quotes from Northanger Abbey

Hello!

Happy Monday everyone.

This morning I was a bit confused. I was not sure about which book or books to share today.

Every day I am sharing one or more books. Books with titles stating from the letter. These posts are part of A to Z challenge.



Today I will be sharing quotes from book that starts with letter N.

The book I finally decided on is - Northanger Abbey

Here are some facts about this book:

* Author of this novel is Jane Austen

* This is her first novel

* Published in 1818 posthumously


Now, coming to the main part - the quotes.

Here are some beautiful quotes from this book.

1. The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.

2. If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.

3. If I could not be persuaded into doing what I thought wrong, I will never be tricked into it.

4. Friendship is really the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.

5. A young woman in love always looks like Patience on a monument Smiling at Grief.

6. What one means one day, you know, one may not mean the next. Circumstances change, opinions alter.

7. Every young lady may feel for my heroine in this critical moment, for every young lady has at some time or other known the same agitation.

8. To come with a well-informed mind is to come with an inability of administering to the vanity of others, which a sensible person would always wish to avoid. A woman especially, if she have the misfortune of knowing anything, should conceal it as well as she can.

9. Our pleasures in this world are always to be paid for.

10. All have been anxious for the attentions of someone whom they wished to please.

11. There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature.

12. You have gained a new source of enjoyment, and it is well to have as many holds upon happiness as possible.

I can just go on reading and rereading these quotes. 

The quotes that I like the most are number six and eleven.

Which quote do you like the most? Please do tell me in comments. Also, keep suggesting\or sharing about your favorite books and authors. I would like to read about it.

I am glad that you all are enjoying the theme and collection of quotes. 

Thank you so much for all the love and support. I will see you tomorrow with O. 

P.S. Jane Austen was featured previously in my post about Emma.

Comments

  1. The second quote is definitely my favorite :) I have not read this book, but now I want to!

    The Multicolored Diary: Weird Things in Hungarian Folktales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is nice! I would like to know your views after that.
      Thank you for sharing your favorite quotes. :)

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    Do you know, this is one which I have NOT read?! It was made into a very fine BBC television production... though I still struggled to get involved with the characters of it. Can't like 'em all! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! That is a real surprise. :)
      AND I have not watched the BBC production. I would surely catch that one!
      Thank you for sharing. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams