Skip to main content

20 amazing Lord of the Rings quotes

This Saturday is for L.

Hello, readers!

Welcome to second Saturday in April. I am participating in the month long blogging challenge. The name of the challenge is A to Z challenge.


I took a break on Friday. It was an official L day - yesterday.

This post will as always feature some beautiful collection of quotes.

I will be sharing only one book today. There is no prize for guessing!

The book I will be sharing today is The Lord of the Rings.

J. R. R. Tolkien wrote this fantasy novel. It was first published in 1954.

I am sure you must have watched the movies based on this novel. I enjoyed the trilogy as much as the book.

Another famous work by this author is The Hobbit. The Lord of the Rings is a sequel to this novel. I have read the Hobbit too. This book was also presented on big screen in trilogy.

Now, let me share 20 beautiful quotes from the wonderful book:

1. Do not scorn pity that is the gift of a gentle heart, Éowyn!

2. But in the end it's only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass.


3. Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?


4. Let us remember that a traitor may betray himself and do good that he does not intend.the story.


5. Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.


6. Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.


7. Not all those who wander are lost.


8. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do no be too eager to deal out death in judgment.


9. It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.


10. I want to be a healer, and love all things that grow and are not barren.


11. Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.


12. The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.


13. Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill.


14, It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope.


15. But we must have power, power to order all things as we will, for that good which only the Wise can see.


16. But you know well enough now that starting is too great a claim for any, and that only a small part is played in great deeds by any hero.


17. it is not our part here to take thought only for a season, or for a few lives of Men, or for a passing age of the world.


18. The enemy is strong beyond our reckoning, yet we have a hope at which he has not guessed.


19. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off, but many things that are close at hand I cannot see.


20. Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.




All these magical quotes show adventure, character and inspiration. I am sure you will like these quotes.

I would like to know which quote or quotes you would pick as your favorite. Please do share your views about this book. I would like to know your favorite books that start with L.

I will see you tomorrow with a new post with letter M.

I wish you all a very happy weekend.

Comments

  1. Some of my favourite quotes are in there. 9 is definitely a favourite, with its feel of life itself as an adventure. 6 is one of my reasons for loving this book, that says ordinary people can be heroes. And Sam says so many wise and practical things! Hence 11.

    Damn. I think I’m going to have to go back and read it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you.
      Thank you for sharing your favorite quotes and views. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you have all my favorites books in your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! That is great :)

      Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    No need to win me over on this one! One of the sublime offerings in the English language and through the mythological telling of which, the condition of Man could be told. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes! I know.

      Thank you for sharing your views.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams