Skip to main content

Comparison and positive attitude

It is time for another cookie! (yay!)

I am so happy to share another graphical quote. This quote is by Roy T. Bennet. I have designed it using canva.

Comparison is a part of analysis. It is a constant process. Our brain constantly compares things. It is how the things work. When we see something, taste something, hear or experience, we compare. Compare these new experiences with the past ones. This process develops judgement.

I know people who always try to find reasons and compare themselves with others. They are comparing appearance, nature, style of speaking, work status, community status, almost everything.

You name it and they are ready to compare their situation with the other one. I have seen people do this comparison and not realize it. This habit of judging goes so far as to people finding only flaws in themselves.

You also may have come across such personalities. These people deny every possibility of good in them. They develop so much negativity in their life simply because they compare every little thing to others.

I am writing this to make you aware that comparison is nice for a perspective development. However, getting habitual and undermining, scrutinizing is not a way to live. It will not help you to live happy and positive life.

Soon, you will find yourself complaining about everything that is happening in your life.

I earn so less, how can I afford that designer dress?

I wish I could speak like him/her in company meetings so I will be popular in my colleagues.

I cannot cook like her!

These and more thoughts, make you less in confidence, over judgmental and negative.

You can make your life happier. Choose happiness over criticism.

1.     List all the good things about you.
If you cannot think of one, start with writing, ‘I am happy’.
Practice this thing repeatedly. You will certainly feel the difference.

2.     Learn new things.
If you like art, choose to do it habitually. Take out some time and draw, sing, write, click photos, cook, and whatever relaxes you.
(Do not complain ‘I don’t have time’. You have about 1440 opportunities everyday)

3.     Appreciate well.
When I say, do not compare, does not mean you stop appreciating others. Many good things in different people are worth to imbibe in our lives. Take notice of it and appreciate it.


These steps will surely make you a better person and improve your positive attitude.

Thank you for reading my articles. I am grateful for all the views.
If you think of some more positive approaches to avoid comparison, do share in comments.

Have a nice day! :-)

Comments

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams