Skip to main content

A for Alice

Today is first day of April.

I am starting a new blogging challenge. This challenge is A to Z blogging Challenge. This wonderful blogging challenge runs in April. We are supposed to write something every day with basic theme of alphabets A to Z included in blog posts.

Visit A to Z Challenge for more information about the different categories, themes and participants list.

red colored A to Z blogging Challenge logo for 2018

The challenge starts obviously with letter A.

I did not get time to reveal my theme prior to challenge. I was having too many ideas to start with. I have finalized the theme now. 

My theme is to share beautiful quotes form my favorite books.

One or two quotes from each post will be my own designs using canva.

Feel free to comment and suggest some books for upcoming letters. In addition, you can suggest me quotes for designing.

Today, I am sharing quotes from one of my all-time favorite book. The author is Lewis Carroll.

You guessed it, right! It is 'Alice in Wonderland'.

Let us take a look at some evergreen quotes form this wonderful book.

1. Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.

image of a quote from alice in wonderland book

I think not only Alice but every person is trying hard to figure out the meaning behind the life. Everyone is curious about their position in this big world. But, it is hard to find the meaning behind all this. 

2. If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.

This quote is so true. I can relate to these words even in 2018. We are living in a world where people are always trying to beat someone. They want the position, status and many other things. People are always ready to pull others back. Most of the crowd is always looking at others plates and want 'what someone else is having?' Why can't we look at what we have and enjoy it?

3. Alice: How long is forever? White Rabbit: Sometimes, just one second.

This one is epic for sure. I find the answer by white rabbit is interesting, philosophical and futuristic. All at the same time! The world is changing so fast. Technology has quickened the pace of life. This conversation can really come true in near future.

Now, I am sharing the last quote for today. I believe it is the BEST quote from this book.

If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there.
Again, it is amazing how simple use of words can give out so much. I want you all to remember this quote. It is the answer to the very first quote in this post.

You have to choose a path to discover yourself. If you want to know your purpose; give your life a purpose. Search for your passion. It will guide you to a road which will take you to your destination in life.

This is it for today. I will come back with some more interesting quotes from various books. Please do suggest your favorite books and quotes so that I can include it in my posts.


Comments

  1. I love the one: If you don't know where you're going... I've used that in some presentation on planning.. Thanks!

    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :) That is why I saved it for the last.

      Delete
  2. Would you believe that I have never read Alice in Wonderland? Having said that, I should also say that our world of social media would be such a nicer one if everyone stuck to #2. Being human, of course, we won't, though. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree with you on that. :) Thank you for sharing your views.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Jui, this is a 'wonderland' theme to take up for the challenge! The quotes are great choices and I look forward to seeing your remaining selections... have you got to Z yet? Perhaps some quotes from the Zend-Avesta? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you liked it. I am still collecting quotes for upcoming posts. Thank you for suggesting the book I will certainly try to include some quotes :)

      Delete
  4. Great book, great words and a fab start to the A-Z!

    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It indeed is a great book. Best wishes to you too.

      Delete
  5. Excellent quotes! For the record, I do think it's the hardest thing to figure out and actually put into words who I am... You know, the greater purpose and all? But that's probably a discussion for another day. Good luck with the A-Z challenge, it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am glad you liked my collection of quotes. Best wishes to you too.

      Delete
  6. Love the quotes you chose, Jui. Like bookworm above, I have never read Alice in Wonderland. It is on my list but it never makes it to the top. Great A entry!

    Emily In Ecuador | Almuerzo - Good Lunch Choice in Puerto Lopez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I am happy that you loved it.

      Delete
  7. Great theme and great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) best wishes for the challenge.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I m glad you like it!

      Delete
  9. I recently read Alice in Wonderland again as an adult. Love the thought about time, forever and a second. Sometimes a second certainly does feel like forever. Looking forward to your future A to Z posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I agree with you on that. Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams