Skip to main content

X in genes

An extremely challenging letter!

The letter I am talking about is X. I have only two letters to go for A to Z challenge.


This challenge was really easy when I started posting everyday. I could easily decide which books to feature in my blog post. It was all easy until I came to this letter.

Letter X. 

I will be honest with you all. I have not read a single book that starts with letter X. 

I have no idea which book to feature in this post. Even a quick search on google could not help me find some nice books.

I looked up for some inspiration in letter X post by A to Z challenge and thought of sharing books that start with 'ex' instead of 'x'.

Alas! 

That modification also did not help me. 

This book does not start with x or ex.

I have given this challenge a slight twist for this letter only. I hope you all will excuse it!

The letter X appears in the name of the book, which is just one word.

Author of the book that I have finalized is Michael Crichton.

You all must know him for international bestsellers like Jurassic Park (1990) and The Lost World (1995).

He has written many books, which fall in science fiction, thriller and medical fiction genre.

The book I will be sharing is Next.

This is a techno-thriller book published in 2006. This book was his last published work.The book is based on genetic research. 

Another link to letter of the day: our genes have X chromosome.

I read this book recently. I have interest in biotechnology and genetics so it was an amazing experience reading this book/ I was already a fan of his writing after reading Jurassic Park and The Lost World.

I would like to recommend this to everyone who likes these techno, science fictions.

Here are some quotes from the book - Next.

Anyone who says he knows God's intention is showing a lot of very human ego.

 The second quote I would like to share is -

Science is as corruptible a human activity as any other.

Coming to the last one of the day -

A man can see by starlight, if he takes the time. 
I could compile just three quotes today. See you next time with Y.

I would like to know your favorite books that start with x or ex. 

Please do share your views in comments.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    don't mind Crighton's work - don't know this one so will look it up. How about "Xingu" by Edith Wharton? YAM xx
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1419195131/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1419195131&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion!
      I will check that out for sure. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a mystery fan, so my favorite would have to be Sue Grafton's X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds interesting! Thank you for the suggestion!! :) I will add it to my 'want to read' list.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams