Skip to main content

15 quotes from books that start with J

Happy Wednesday!

Today I am sharing a brand new post for A to Z challenge.

The letter of the day is J. This makes me very happy. I am ready with the books and quotes for today.



Main Highlight of the post is that...

The name of the author that will be presenting the quotes also starts with J. :D

That is just a fun fact.

Today I will be sharing quotes from two books. These two books are from two different genres.

Let me share some common points about the books.
  • Both the authors are female
  • Central character is a female
  • One of the author's name starts with J.
Both the books as well as the drama, movie based on them are very popular.

The first book that I will be sharing today is Jane Eyre (1847)

Charlotte Bronte is the author of this novel.

Here are some beautiful quotes:

1. I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.

2. Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.

3. I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.

4. If all the world hated you and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved of you and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends.

5. The soul, fortunately, has an interpreter - often an unconscious but still a faithful interpreter - in the eye.

6. There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.

7. It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.

8. It is far better to endure patiently a smart which nobody feels but yourself, than to commit a hasty action whose evil consequences will extend to all  connected with you.

9. Beauty is in the eye of the gazer.

10. I'll walk where my own nature would be leading. It vexes me to choose another guide.

I like the sixth quote the most from this collection. Which quote do you like?

Have you read Jane Eyre or any other work by Charlotte Bronte? I would like to know your views about it.

I originally thought of just this one book to share quotes.

The other book in this post is an amazing book - Julie and Julia 

The author of this book is Julie Powell. The book was published in 2005.

This book is a suggestion from wonderful blogger, Yam. I love reading her posts which inspire me. I am sure you will feel the same way.

Thank you so much for this lovely suggestion. I have not read the book but watched the movie by the same name. It was released in 2009.

The movie stars Talented actresses Maryl Streep and Amy Adams. I loved the movie. The book is in my wish list.

Let me share some amazing quotes from this book.

1. The nice thing about having a friend who is crazier than you are is that she bolsters your belief in your own sanity.

2. Doors are going to open-doors you can't even imagine exist.

3. Nowadays anyone with a crap laptop and an Internet connection can sound their barbaric yawp, whatever it may be.

4. But hard bitten cynicism leaves one feeling peevish, and too much of it can do lasting damage to your heart.

5. The thing I keep learning about endings is that they aren't a long time coming, and that they don't sneak up on you either, because endings just don't happen.


I want to know what do you think about these quotes. Have you read the book and watched the movie? which one did you like?

Please do share your views in comments.

I will surely read this book and share my views about it.

Thank you for your feedback, views and comments. I appreciate it. Have a nice week ahead. 

Comments

  1. Oh, #3 of Julie Powell! The Internet is mostly nothing BUT crap off those crap laptops! Since you can remain anonymous, people post things they would never say in person. It just goes to show what retched people they really are though, to think it in the first place.
    "Barbaric yawp" brings to mind Dead Poet's Society of course! Yawp is actually a real word.
    I am not a Bronte fan, but have read Jane Eyre. All their stories run together in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing wonderful thoughts. I am glad you stopped by. :)

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    I love Jane Eyre and the second quote here appeals to me - it chimes nicely with the fourth quote you have chosen fron J&J. Charlotte also wrote 'Shirley' and 'Villette', both rather dour novels without quite the charm of Jane Eyre (which was dour enough!) - the Bronte sisters as a whole are not go-to for bright and jolly reading! Except, perhaps, for Pride and Prejudice...
    Glad you were familiar at least with the film of J&J; the book is worth reading though, as you will catch a lot more nuance between the two characters. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have put it so nicely.

      Thank you for lovely comment. :)
      And, I will read Julie and Julia for sure. Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I have "Jane Eyre" on my list of books to read. After reading the quotes you found in the books, I am even more interested to read it now. I especially liked this quote:

    There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.

    Ann
    https://harvestmoonbyhand.blogspot.com/2018/04/hobbies-that-begin-with-k-blogging-from.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that my collection of quotes interests you to read the book. :)

      I like that quote too.

      Thank you for lovely comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams