Skip to main content

K for Kane and Kites

It is Thursday!

Another week is coming to end.

Today I will be sharing quotes from book that starts with letter K. This post is a part of a month long bogging challenge - A to Z challenge.


This post will feature two books. I am a fan of both the books. I am sure you all must have read them.

The first book that I am sharing today is Kane and Abel.

Kane and Abel is a novel written by Jeffrey Archer. It was released in 1979. I read this book a few years ago. I like the plot. I thought it was a nice book.

Here are some interesting quotes form this book.

If you have to pay a bill, always make it look as if the amount is of no consequence.

Another one, a well known fact -

Fortune favors the brave

Last but not the least interesting quote:

Don't ever make the mistake most New Yorkers do, of underestimating Chicago. They think it's only a postage stamp on a very large envelope, and they're the envelope. 

Have you read this book? What did you like about it?

Please do share your recommendations too. I like reading. These post are to remind myself how much I have read and exploring new books to read.

Let me share the name of second book for today's post.

It is The Kite Runner.

This is first novel by Khaled Hosseini. Originally published in 2003, the book was adapted into a movie of the same. The movie released in 2007.

I would like to share few of the amazing quotes from this book.

1. It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime...

2. And that's the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.

3. There is only one sin. and that is theft... when you tell a lie, you steal someones right to the truth.

4. It always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place.

5. People say that eyes are windows to the soul.

6. Time can be a greedy thing-sometimes it steals the details for itself.

7. Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it. - Amir

8. Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.

9. Life goes on, unmindful of beginning, end…crisis or catharsis, moving forward like a slow, dusty caravan of kochis (nomads).

10. Life is a train, get on board.

The book is filled with so many deep and inspiring words. I am ready to reread it!

What about you? Please do comment your favorite quote. 

I am sure you can suggest many other books of your liking. I am waiting to read all the lovely views.

Thank you again for kind words of feedback. 

I will be more than happy to include the books of your choice in my future posts. We still have a long way to go. I am enjoying this ride!

I hope you are enjoying it too.

Comments

  1. hari OM
    Oh yes, have read both of these - read lots of Archer in my younger years, but lost the taste for his stuff after a while. It was a 'phase'! The Kite Runner was sublime. A favourtie 'k' book was by John Wyndom... The Kraken Awakes... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you stopped by :)
      Thank you for sharing your favorite 'K' book.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams