Skip to main content

V for voyage and villette

Thank God It's Friday!

I am really thankful that it is Friday. The A to Z Challenge is coming to an end. The letter of the day (officially) is X.



I am playing catch-ups with the letters for the whole week now.

It is time for letter V in my case. It is a bit disappointing that I am unable to post consistently in the final week of April.

I had many comments pending for replies. I have completed that task for now.

The day before, I forgot to link my post for letter U in the daily letter form.

Now that I am late by 2 days for letter V, it will also have same fate.

Anyway, I will be sharing books and quotes as always.

First book that I will be sharing is The Voyage of the Dawn Trader. This is a fantasy novel by C. J. Lewis published in 1952.

This is the third novel in The Chronicles of Narnia book series.

The book has many adaptations in television, radio and film. I enjoyed the movie of the same name based on this novel.

I will now share the quotes from this book.

1. Adventures are never fun while you're having them.

2. One of the most cowardly things ordinary people do is to shut their eyes to facts.

3. Extraordinary things only happen to extraordinary people.

4. There are dozens of ways to give people a bad time if you are in your own home and they are only visitors.

5. Most of us, I suppose, have a secret country but for most of us it is only an imaginary country.

All the quotes are simply beautiful. 

Here is one more quote that I enjoyed very much.

In our world,” said Eustace, “a star is a huge ball of flaming gas.” “Even in your world, my son, that is not what a star is but only what it is made of.

The second book that I have selected is Villette.
Charlotte Bronte is the author of this book. It was published in 1853.

I would like to tell you all that I have not read this book. I have selected a few of the interesting quotes from this book.

I hope you will like the collection of quotes.

1. Silence is of different kinds, and breathes different meanings.

2. Wise people say it is folly to think anybody perfect; and as to likes and dislikes, we should be friendly to all, and worship none.

3. To see and know the worst is to take from Fear her main advantage.

4. Liberty lends us her wings and Hope guides us by her star.

5. No mockery in this world ever sounds to me so hollow as that of being told to cultivate happiness.

6. There are certain things in which we so rarely meet with our double that it seems a miracle when that chance befalls.

7. The longer we live, the more our experience widens; the less prone are we to judge our neighbor's conduct.

8. Happiness is the cure—a cheerful mind the preventive: cultivate both.

9. Are there wicked things, not human, which envy human bliss?

10. Discoveries made by stealth seem to me dishonorable discoveries.

Have you read this book?

I did share some quotes from Jane Eyre in my post for letter J. It's been a while since I read this book.

I hope you will enjoy reading the collection of my favorite quotes.

Do share your favorite books and quotes for the letter V.
I am looking forward to read your responses.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Must say that Vilette is not among my faves, but the Dawn Trader (all the narnia books) are little treasures! C S Lewis was a wise and spiritual man and it came through in his writings. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...his writing is beautiful.
      Thank you for sharing your views. :)
      Happy weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams