Skip to main content

D for David

D Day is here.

The fourth day for A to Z challenge.




I am ready to share some beautiful and inspiring quotes with you all.

In case you missed my post for C - it was about Chicken soup and more

Some special treats in this post are:

1. The featured authors have D in their name

2. The featured books are my all time favorites

3. Many of you have read these books

4. If not these books, some other works by the authors (for sure!)

Now, coming the first author.

He was an English writer and social critic. He created some of the world's best-known fictional characters and is regarded by many as the greatest novelist of the Victorian era.

Congratulations to all those who guessed it...

Charles Dickens.

Today I am sharing the quotes from wonderful 'David Copperfield'.

This is the eighth novel by Charles Dickens. The novel's full title is The Personal History, Adventures, Experience and Observation of David Copperfield the Younger of Blunderstone Rookery. (read more)

Let us explore the quotes now.

Today I will list the quotes using numbers. However, all are the TOP quotes.

1. Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.

2It's in vain to recall the past, unless it works some influence upon the present.

3. Try not to associate bodily defect with mental, my good friend, except for a solid reason.

4. Things cannot be expected to turn up of themselves. We must in a measure assist to turn them up.

5. Are tears the dewdrops of the heart?

6. When a plunge is to be made into the water, it's of no use lingering on the bank.

7. My advice is, never do to-morrow what you can do to-day.

8. There never were greed and cunning in the world yet, that did not do too much, and overreach themselves. It is as certain as death.

I could just go on and on. I am sure those who have not read this book would want to read it. Please do read it. It is a beautiful story and full of inspiration.

It is time now to change the theme. The other author that I was talking about at the start is - 

He is an American author of thriller novels, most notably the Robert Langdon stories

That is super-easy. The author is Dan Brown.

Let me tell you that the books I am sharing quotes from does not feature Robert Langdon.

The books that I am talking about are Digital Fortress (1998) and Deception Point (2001).

Here are some amazing quotes from these books.

Let us start with Digital Fortress.

1. Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer.

2. You can’t jump for the stars if your feet hurt.

3. Act first, explain later.

Coming to the last set of quotes for today. These are from Deception Point.

1. Sooner or later we've all got to let go of our past.

2. There's just no substitute for the truth.

3. Nobody tells you what you can and can't do.

I hope that you will like m selection of quotes. I am sure you will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing about it.

Please do share your views about these quotes. I would like o know which quote (s) grabbed your attention. Do share your favorite quotes and books for upcoming letters. I will surely include them in my post.

I hope everyone is having great time in this beautiful blogging challenge. Have a nice time everyone. Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. 2. "It's in vain to recall the past, unless it works some influence upon the present." I like that. It's been so easy lately to rehash in my mind what I "could have" said, or "should have" said in regards to a change in my life. But, really, what difference does it make now? None. Sure, I was disrespected and unappreciated, but I missed the time to say something and now is the time to let it go and move forward!

    Books hold so many wonderful things, with quotes that feel like they're just for us! I needed to make a big life decision a few weeks ago (not the one above), and family told me not to rush into it. I wanted to decide quickly though. Then, I read in a novel (I can't even remember what one, it was a library book I returned), "Sometimes you just have to make a chance and go with your gut. To stake everything on it, and be willing to fall along side it." That was meant for me, right? So, I did what I wanted, no more delay. Sometimes our guts know best, if we don't think things to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you. Some of the best decisions in life are those taken in a blink of a second. I also feel that some quotes just "click" and give solutions to the current situation in life. I have experience that myself.

      Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful quote!
      I am so glad you like the post!!

      Best wishes to you :)

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Dickens is amazing in his humanitarian perception - all great quotes. Not so much a Dan Brown fan myself... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Dickens is the best. :) I am so glad you liked the quotes.


      Delete
  3. The quote that caught my eye is this one: Sooner or later we've all got to let go of our past. Sometimes it is too easy to live in the past - both because of happy memories or something that you want to change because of a regret. By letting go of the past, you can live more fully in the present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is my favorite too!
      I feel the same way. It is also easy for some people to let go. Some people hold on...but focusing on the present is the best way to lead a happy life.

      Thank you for sharing your views. :)
      Best wishes!!

      Delete
  4. Such great quotes and I'm definitely going to use #1 & #2 from Digital Fortress as they are fabulous. The Dickens quote that I love the most is #5 - so sweet.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Pamela @ Days of Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with your choice.

      Thank you so much for visiting. :)
      I am glad you like this collection of quotes for letter D.

      Delete
  5. Great quotes! It's been a long time since I've read David Copperfield and it was nice to be reminded of some of the highlights. @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for vising and sharing your views :)

      Delete
  6. Dickens and Dan Brown...favorites of mine, too. Thank you for pointing out the many quotes that are timeless. Makes me want to re-read their books. Also, thanks for visiting CollectInTexas Gal and commenting on my dishy aprons.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to meet a fan of Dickens and Dan Brown. :)
      Thank you for stopping by!
      I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. I feel like I failed at the first Dickens quote, since I am procrastinating right now XD

    The Multicolored Diary: Weird Things in Hungarian Folktales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! :D

      Thank you for stopping by! :) I am eager to read your next post.

      Delete
  8. All very worthy quotes. Though I do feel Dickens is in a different league as compared to Dan Brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your views. :)

      Yes, you are right. These two are very different. I guess that is why I clubbed them in one post. (a fan in my heart won over the writer in me!)

      I just wish to recollect and remind the wonderful authors and their works.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams