Skip to main content

C for Chicken soup and more

It is Tuesday.

This is the third day for posting in A to Z Challenge.


The letter for today is of course C.

I will be sharing few quotes from books with names starting with letter C. I have many wonderful quotes to share. 

First book that I have chosen is Catching fire by Suzanne Collins. It is the second book in The Hunger Games series. I have this book in my collection. I just love it. 

Let us explore few quotes from this book.

I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.
I wish I could do this too. We spend so many wonderful moments in this beautiful life that I am sure everyone wishes to freeze a moment or two.

Next quote is really short but very powerful.
Aim higher in case you fall short.

Here is the last quote from this book.

I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don't hurt anyone but myself.

Now, I am sure you all must have heard about Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield.

I have read the book and I recommend as 'must read' for everyone. I would like to share some of my favorite quotes from the same.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.
I find these words very inspiring. I feel that we often step back before trying something. As the author says that we are missing out on the chances, is so true.

The fear of failures makes us miss out on wonderful learning that could enrich us. 

Let us read second favorite quote form this book.

Don't let anyone steal your dreams. Follow your heart, no matter what. 

I want to imbibe these words with all my heart. 

What do you think about these quotes? Please do comment and share your views. 

Since this is the third day, I have decided to add some more quotes. Let us make it 3 books and beautiful quotes.

Last but not at all the least is - 

Again my favorite book - Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis

One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.
Isn't this wonderful? I believe these words. I am a big fan of fairytales. I do not think that these books are for a certain age group.

I have to admit that I did not read this book. This book is in my reading list. 

Here are some more quotes from this interesting book.

For jokes as well as justice come in with speech.
- Aslan, The Magician's Nephew




Next one is - 

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy.
And for the last quote of the day 

That world is ended, as if it had never been. Let the race of Adam and Eve take warning.

That is all for today. How did you find my choice of books and quotes? Please do comment and share your views.

I would like to know which books I could have included. Please do suggest your favorite books for upcoming letter posts. I would not mind if you want some more books to be included in these posts. I will happily update them.

Thank you so much for reading. Hope you enjoyed it. See you or shall I say C you tomorrow with D.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    the Narnia books are very close to my heart and the whole of them are inspiring - get reading gal!
    Hunger games quote is marvellous - and the CS4TS is more of the same... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... you are so right. I will read it for sure. Thank you for stopping by and lovely comment. :) Have a nice time!

      Delete
  2. Another great post Jui! I especially like "Don't let anyone steal your dreams. Follow your heart, no matter what."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I appreciate it! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams