Skip to main content

E for Emma

I am back!

I missed posting for letter E yesterday...I have not scheduled my posts. I am trying too write each post on the same day. I was out yesterday, so could not post.

I am so glad that link is open for 48 hours. I was almost sure that I will not be able to link my post for E.

Anyway, there is still a lot of time. I am happy to present a brand new set of quotes from books.

This post is in response to A to Z Challenge. A month long challenge in April.


Let us explore the quotes now.

The first book I have selected is another all-time favorite of mine. The author of this wonderful book is none other than Jane Austen.

I think it is easy to guess the book.

Yes, it is Emma.

This book was published in 1815. I am thrilled at the thought of how many generations must have read the book. It is a timeless classic for sure.

Now, it is time for quotes.

Here are 10 beautiful quotes from Emma:

1. Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.

2. There are people, who the more you do for them, the less they will do for themselves.

3. Without music, life would be a blank to me.

4. Vanity working on a weak head produces every sort of mischief.

5. You must be the best judge of your own happiness.

6. It's such a happiness when good people get together.

7. Business, you know, may bring money, but friendship hardly ever does.

8. Evil to some is always good to others.

9. Time will generally lessen the interest of every attachment not within the daily circle.

10. If things are going untowardly one month, they are sure to mend the next.

This is just a list and not a particular order. I like each and every quote. The book itself is very beautiful. It is also the first one that I read from this amazing author. That is why it is so close to my heart.

The second book that I have chosen for this theme is Eat, Pray, Love.

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia is a 2006 memoir by American author Elizabeth Gilbert. (read more)

Let us look at some quotes from this book.

1. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.

2. To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.

3. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.

4. Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.

5. It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away.

This is all for today. I will be back soon with posts for letters F and G. Hope you will like the collection of quotes in this post.

Please do share your favorite books and quotes for the letter. I would like to know your suggestions for upcoming letters. 

I am also thankful for the wonderful blogging community of A to Z challenge for being such wonderful hosts. I am liking every bit of it.

Thank you for reading the post. I wish you all a nice time. 

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Two very excellent books from which we can draw much to ponder!

    am so glad to see you here... had kept looking and was worried it had overwhelmed you. This A-Z is demanding indeed! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That is so true. (about books and the challenge) :) I am happy that you stopped by and commented. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. It has been a long time since I read Emma and I don’t recall those quotes. Maybe time to reread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get time to reread this wonderful book. Thank you for reading and sharing :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent quotes, it's been years since i've read the first book, and i have not had the pleasure of perusing the second yet. Maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting. I am glad you liked the collection of quotes. :)

      Delete
  4. What a good idea! Better than book reviews. I prefer Pride and Prejudice to Emma, and haven't read Eat Pray Love (It was too trendy for me) If I were quoting books, they would almost all come from Douglas Adams, Jasper Fforde, or Christopher Moore.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind feedback :)

      I love pride and prejudice too. It will show up in my post for 'P' for sure.

      Thank you for sharing the authors. I will check the suitable titles for upcoming posts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams