Skip to main content

Gone with great expectations!

This is my seventh entry for A to Z challenge.


It has been a wonderful week. This past week I have been posting quotes from books. These book names start with a particular letter for that day. I have posted for letters A to F. 

I am sure you will find your favorites in some of these posts.

Today, I will be sharing books that start with G.

The first one that came to my mind was Gone with the Wind

Gone with the wind is a novel. The wonderful author of this popular book is Margaret Mitchell.

The book and movie adaptations are still loved by readers and movie lovers across the world. I am one of them for sure.

Here are 7 beautiful quotes from this amazing novel.

1. Burdens are for shoulders strong enough to carry them.

2. Hardships make or break people.

3. It was better to know the worst than to wonder.

4. Until you've lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.

5. Life's under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it's no worse than it is.

6. I loved something I made up

7. Some day I’m going to do and say everything I want to do and say, and if people don’t like it I don’t care.

Have you read this book? 

What do you like or dislike about the book? Please do share your views about it. I would live to hear from you.

Now, I want to share one more book with you all. This is second time I will be featuring a Charles Dickens book. First one was my entry for letter D. I have shared quotes fro Davis Copperfield in that post. 

Today I will be sharing quotes from Great Expectations.

Great Expectations is the thirteenth novel by Charles Dickens and his penultimate completed novel; a bildungsroman that depicts the personal growth and personal development of an orphan nicknamed Pip. (read more)

Here are few quotes from this novel.

1. We need never be ashamed of our tears.

2. The broken heart. You think you will die, but you just keep living, day after day after terrible day.

3. I have been bent and broken, but - I hope - into a better shape.

4. You are in every line I have ever read.

5. Spring is the time of year when it is summer in the sun and winter in the shade.

6. Take nothing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There's no better rule.

7. Life is made of so many partings welded together.

8. Scattered wits take a long time in picking up.

9. We think the feelings that are very serious in a man quite comical in a boy.

10. Ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies.

I just love all these quotes. It is hard to choose a single one. Which quote did you like the most? Have you read this book? 

Do share your views. I am eager to read your feedback. 

That is all for today. It is Sunday and I will be prepping up for my new post for letter H.

I have not decided the books yet. Please do share your favorite books that will fit the theme. I will be glad to include those books in my post.

Every day I am visiting more and more bloggers in this wonderful blogging challenge. I must say say that each and everyone is doing great job!

Since, I am a debutante in his challenge; I am learning a lot of new things in every post. I am eagerly waiting for the posts that will feature H.

Thank you so much for all the feedback. See you on Monday.
Have a nice time.

Comments

  1. Hari Om
    GWTW fills me with shudders... I was a precocious reader and had taken up War and Peace for the first time at age 10 - the English teacher at school thought it might be a good thing to point to GWTW as an equally demanding book... and I hated it in as much measure as I love WAP. The latter I have read no less than seven times - the former I couldn't finish the first time! It was much too 'Mills and Boon' for my taste...

    Dickens, though, can be read over and over and over; any of his books are a good choice!

    Hope your Sunday has gone well - I've enjoyed the slightly easier time - slightyly, I said! It's my first time on A-Z also and have found that I just stuck to about 18 blogs which hold value and good conversation - such as this one. It would all be too overwhelming otherwise.

    See you at 'H"!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Reading WAP seven times!! :) That is really great. Nice to know that you love it.. I will share some quotes from it for W post then!! :)

      Nice to know that this is your first time too. I am so glad that you take time and read and comment on m blog pots.

      Thank you so much for sharing so much :)

      I am happy that you like to visit my blog. I feel the same for your blog, that is for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I read Gone with the wind long time ago but the Spanish version. I love the quotes you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! :)

      Thank you so much! I am glad you liked the quotes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams