Skip to main content

H for Harry Potter and Hunger Games

Another week starts.

The fact that it is a new blogging week with whole to of A to Z blogging is exciting!



I am happy that I have started this wonderful challenge. I can feel the energy of everyone participating in this amazing challenge.

I have never done a month long challenge before. I am grateful for the support and love I am receiving from the fellow bloggers and readers.

I am motivated to post more quotes from various books (not limited to a particular genre or authors).

Today, I will be sharing the quotes from books that start with letter H.

Here are some clues for the books that I am sharing:

  • These are very popular book series.
  • These books have female authors.
  • One of them is science fiction
  • The other one is a fantasy novel
  • The movie adaptations have also been very successful
That gave away too much, right?

The books I will be sharing today are Harry Potter series and The Hunger Games series.

I have literally grown up with Harry and his friends. It is impossible for me to recall my childhood without fond memories of these wonderful books. 

I still remember waiting for the new books to release, discussing the plot with friends and reading the book in one sitting. Yes, I did it all.

So, let me share some beautiful quotes from Harry Potter - J. K. Rowling

I am sharing the quotes from all the seven books in the series. 

Let us start with the first book.

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


The trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.
Another one (my favorite!) - 

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.

2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 


It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 

Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.

Another one -

You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be! 

5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Youth can not know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.

6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
I am used to the fact that not everyone likes these books. :) It will be nice to meet critics and fans of the series.

Please do share your views or comments about the magical quotes in the comments. I am looking forward to it.

Let us now travel in future.

I will share few quotes from the dystopian novels The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

I read these books a few years ago and loved it. The futuristic setup with whole lot of action and drama that we see in reality shows today. It was so gripping that I could not keep it down until finished.

This series has 3 books. 

  1. The Hunger Games
  2. Catching Fire
  3. Mockingjay


Today I will share quotes from the first one in the series.

The Hunger Games (2008)

1. You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.

2. Destroying things is much easier than making them.

3. Kind people have a way of working their way inside me and rooting there.

4. If you appeal to the crowd, either by being humorous or brutal or eccentric, you gain favor.

5. Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.

Have you read The Hunger Games? I will recommend it to those who enjoy reading adventure, young adult and futuristic kind of books.

Which books from letter H have you read? I would like to know about it. Please do share it in comments. 

Have a lovely week. Best wishes to all.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    With you on Harry Potter... Hunger Games, not so much... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is great! :)
      It is always nice to meet a Harry Potter fan. Thank you for reading and comment!

      Delete
  2. I've read the last 3 or 4 books in the Harry Potter series and none of The Hunger Games though I've seen the movies. I like the quotes you've chosen. Even if nobody read the books, the quotes inspire to think and consider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  3. I love the quote from Harry Potter about standing up to your friends. Sometimes, it needs to be done, and it is really hard...

    The Multicolored Diary: Weird Things in Hungarian Folktales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you. Thank you for sharing :)

      Delete
  4. Harry Potter is one of my favorites series ever, and now that my daughter is 12, she finally started to read the books and I'm so happy that I can share this passion with her. Thank you so much for remain me these wonderful words. I read Hunger games, and I love them except the last book I think in some point the plot was lost, but they are a great series as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so great :) I am sure she will become a fan too. Thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete
  5. I like both series, but HP is a real genius :) I loved the world of the Hunger Games as well but didn't really like the love triangle. It kinda ruined it for me.

    My blogs in the A to Z: Self discovery via travel and a separate Interactive story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about HP.

      I always rooted for Peeta in The Hunger Games :) Thank you for sharing your views!!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderfully researched and thought out post! I think my favorite of this collection is "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." I did read The Hunger Games, but am not a real fan of Dystopian fiction, so did not read the others in that series. I also haven't read all of the Harry Potter books, but my kids all have, some many times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is nice! :)

      Thank you for sharing and kind feedback about my post. I am very glad that you liked it.

      Delete
  7. My son, who is in his late 20's, read every Harry Potter book as soon as they came out. Me? I could never get into them. But I loved The Hunger Games (the other two weren't near as good, I feel) and had read that months before it suddenly became popular. I enjoy dystopian literature and science fiction. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same - reading books as soon as they came out. :)
      I am a fan of hunger games book series.

      Thank you so much for sharing your views.

      Delete
  8. I love the selection of quotations you picked from Harry Potter (mostly spoken by Dumbledore, of course!) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I am glad you liked it!!

      Delete
  9. Superb! I have read all the HP books and you have chosen the perfect quotes! I have not read the Hunger Games series. Enjoying all your posts Jui!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for kind feedback. I am glad that you are enjoying the quotes. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams