Skip to main content

Haiku - Nest

This is the third day of my self challenged poetry blogging. I have chose Haiku as my medium. A Japanese poetry form with 5-7-5 syllable arrangement.

The one word prompt for this post is Nest.

Here is my Haiku for the day.



Dry grass, some cotton
Few leaves to cover it up,
Full of love and warmth

I have tried describing a nest instead of incorporating the word itself in my poem. I hope you all are having fun. I am really enjoying this challenge.

It has been three days since I have started this challenge. I am ready to explore more topics and challenge myself. I am sure you will join me.

Please do share your versions with me in comments, or on your own blog. I am waiting to read your responses!

Thank you :) Have a nice time.


Comments

  1. Hari OM

    ...cocooning nature
    shelter and nursery both
    hope for the future...

    Jui, I am not sure if you have yet come across Kristjaan's blog. It is much followed and attended and is a place for you to gather some new readers. The community is very generous and I note on the sidebar that Kris has started an 'academy' for further learning about this ancient and skilled poetry form. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful poem! Thank you for sharing it.

      I will also check out the blog you recommended. It is always a pleasure to meet new bloggers and get to know their work.

      Delete
  2. Another word worked out for me! It can't keep up...

    https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/2018/08/garden-poetry-nest.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response. I am glad the prompt worked out for you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams