Skip to main content

P is for Pride

Hi everyone!

I missed out posting yesterday. I spent the evening with my cousins and could not make time to post.

I don't know if the link up form will be active till I finish writing. I hope you will somehow find it. (that is IF you are following my blog OR remember to check my name on daily list OR while checking master list, etc). 

This week I will be posting on Friday, then! :) It was supposed to break day! Anyway!!



Today I am writing about letter P.  You can guess the first book and the author very easily. The author was featured in my post for letter E and letter N

It is Pride and Prejudice. The author is none other than Jane Austen.

I read this book a few years ago. It was my second Jane Austen book after Emma. I love this book very much. I am sure many people around the world must have read, watched and loved pride and prejudice since 1813.

Here are some beautiful quotes from Pride and Prejudice.

1. A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.

2. I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.

3. The distance is nothing when one has a motive.

4. Nobody can tell what I suffer! But it is always so. Those who do not complain are never pitied.

5. But people themselves alter so much, that there is something new to be observed in them for ever.

6. One word from you shall silence me forever.

7. A person who can write a long letter with ease, cannot write ill.

8. Yes, vanity is a weakness indeed. But pride - where there is a real superiority of mind, pride will be always under good regulation.

9. If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.

10. It is very often nothing but our own vanity that deceives us.

11. I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.

12. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.

13. Next to being married, a girl likes to be crossed in love a little now and then. It is something to think of, and gives her a sort of distinction among her companions.

14. You may ask questions which I shall not choose to answer. 

15. There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well.


I wanted to share quotes another book with you all. It is another favorite of mine. 

A Painted HouseIt is a novel by John Grisham, published in 2001. I have read a few of his books and I liked them all. 

Have you read this book? 

Please do share your favorite quotes from this collection or your personal favorites. I would like to read your views.

This is one of the shortest post I have written for A to Z challenge. 

Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. I have read A Painted House, although too long ago to remember quotes! I do remember it was much different from other Grisham novels, meaning no trials, no juries, no attorneys! They are good too, but tend to run together in my mind, since they are rather similar in their bones. Rather like the Bronte/Austen heroines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right! A painted house is different than other novels and that is why I loved it. :)

      Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Of course P&P had to be included in your excellent listings! It bears reading time and again, the whole book being a celeration of words and highly quotable! I have read a few Grisham, but not the Painted House. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. I agree with you!

      A painted house is very different than his other books. You should give it a try.

      Delete
  3. Yes, P&P is practically one long quotable quote: some clever, some satiric, some wise, some humorous... Thanks for reminding me of some of the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on that.
      Thank you so much for visiting and sharing! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Add in the comment box.

More positive posts

2 quotes that will change your life

Three Musketeers and The Count

Haiku on dreams